Let's see if I can sum up what has happend over the last month.
-- Major computer withdrawal for me.
--our 1 yr. social worker visit went well. I can't believe our Serbian blessings have been home for a yr. now. Wow. What wonderful children, so many improvements. They truly bless our family.
--Our 9 yr. old and 4 yr. old boys had a birthday. Time flies.
--I love tax return time. We were able to purchase a bigger vehicle (yeah, now everyone is not squeezed into the mini van) and a new computer.
--My husband has been doing a weight challenge through work. He has lost 20 lbs. Way to go. He now is talking about continuing the healthier eating pattern. Today he even mentioned eating more raw foods. I have talked about this for a couple of yrs. now, but he never showed interest until now. All in God's time, I guess.
--we are working on a garden. So far we have taken the top layer off with all the weeds/grass. Now we are digging out all the rocks/boulders (whatever you want to call them). Let's just say my assistants (children) are not real happy about all the work required. Some of the garden conversations have been about "we would rather do........than garden" and many other complaints. Dan and Daniella seem to be enjoying the work though. I think it is helping them some with their sensory issues. All the handling of rocks/dirt clumps. Added benefits, I guess. We'll see if anything grows this yr. One day we will be able to plant, but for now just rock digging. Patience.
--My husband put up the zip cord for the children. It's a cord that goes from 1 tree to another. Then you have a thing you hang onto with your hands and ride down the cord. Everyone except Dan and Charlie, love the cord. I was quite surprised that Daniella does. She typically hates(is scared of) anything new. Not this. She loves it. She had one accident on it, so now only daddy can be the one to stop her at the end. That's o.k.
--The children have 2 new pets (mice). One they named Jasmina :) Some of you know who that was named after. I asked them why they chose that name. They said, " because the mouse and woman both have the same beautiful reddish hair and they are very special to them." I thought that was so nice.
--baby Charlie is getting his first 4 teeth all at the same time. Ouch.
Here's the video I said I would post of the talent show.
That's about all the update. Hope you all are doing well.
blessings,
Vickie

1 comment:
Awe!!! That was so cute;-). My how they have grown. It always amazes me how fast they change from that unhealthy look from the orphanage and then glow like the stars after they come home. You are such an awesome Mom and the kids are beautiful!!! Many blessings...Trish
Post a Comment