Friday, September 25, 2009

apple picking


The weather has been so nice here lately. Mid 70's. Cool breeze and sunshine. As soon as the weather starts feeling like fall, I start thinking about camping. An activity our family loves to do.
Our school support group has a camping trip planned for next week. Can't wait.

Our fieldtrip for this week was apple picking. Such generous people to let us pick all we want for free. The children always love it. Dan and Charlie had a great time picking apples up off the ground and putting them in their sack. Most of those apples were rotten, so they got dumped out. Then they would just fill it up again.
Then their attention turned to eating apples. Eating---one of their favorite all time activites. That fun lasted until Charlie bit into a rotten one. You should have seen his face, when he tasted that. Yuck!!

We got lots of apples. I see applesauce, dehydrated apples, apple cobbler,and sharing with others, in store.
The man also has a pond stocked with white catfish. They were fun to feed. What a nice day.
Hope you all are doing well. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

And patiently waiting... said...

How FUN does that look!!! And to eat those apples! Yum!!

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

That looks such a relaxing and enjoyable family outing. I love the pic of Dan and Danella. Beautiful children and a good photographer;-). Boy do we need one of those outings. We have been so stressed out lately!!! I leave in six days....YIKES!!!! Blessings....Trisha (mom2b4#10)