Monday, November 9, 2009

update

Well, it's November already. I guess I'm due for a post. On opening day of our local ice skating rink, they offer free skating from 6-9a.m. This year Truman, Jack, Baylie, Zarah, and Matt went. The children made it on our local TV news channel. Fun was had by all ,minus one pair of ripped pants and Matt's sore ankles.
The children made/ put on a trampoline performance of Robin Hood for us. This was followed by a short dance performance by Baylie, Zarah, and Daniella. They all did well. For several weeks they were practising; whether they wanted to or not , thanks to their oldest sister. :)
Here's the Halloween photos for this year.
The lineup consisted of a tomato, bumblebee, cheeseburger with very tall lettuce hair, blonde airline stewardess, clown, spiderman, batman, and superdog. Yes, Jack made the dog a costume. I was impressed that he could use my sewing machine. Good job buddy. I kind of got carried away with Halloween this year. We went to a community party, a puppet show, and a visit to our neighbors. Getting everyone dressed up for 3 seperate occasions. What was I thinking?!? We enjoyed all the activities though.

Our schedule has gotten a little more complicated. Zarah is doing gymnastics twice a week. She is doing very well. They moved her from the beginners class, past advanced beginners and intermediate, to the competitive team. She certainly doesn't get her skills from me. I was always more of a flop flat on to your back kind of gymnast in PE class.
Jack is doing well in his boxing. He possibly has a match coming up in a few weeks, so he is practising 4 days a week.
Baylie's flag football is over with. She did well this season and really enjoyed it.
Dan and Daniella are still working hard 5 days a week on their neurodevelopmental program. Daniella is up to speaking mostly in 4 word sentences. She is running faster, can recognize 13 site words, add single digits, remember 5 auditory numbers, and remember 5 visual numbers. Dan is mostly potty trained during the day, he can walk on most all uneven surfaces now, running faster with his arms down at waist level, make several animal sounds, knows and is able to say 7 body parts, and is saying about 7 other words.
Truman is riding his bike now without training wheels. He looks so little as he fearlessly jets in/out/over things. He had 2 bad food reactions again this last week. He gets hot, from head to toe turns bright red, and begins wheezing as his lungs fill up with fluid. Thankfully so far, benadryl and the humidifier seem to resolve most of the reaction in about an hour. I haven't had to use his epinepherine pen thus far. Thankfully. I just hate to see him go through that. Maybe with time he will outgrow it. I don't know. For now, no chicken, turkey, pork or almonds for him!!!
Charlie is still as fluffy as ever. We thought he would slim down with more activity, but he may always be a bit stouter built. He loves practising his animal sounds and body parts with me and Dan. Even though he is the littlest, he lets his needs and wants be known. Usually quite loudly. :) Too funny.
I guess that's about it for now. Hope you all are doing well.
until next time,
Vickie

3 comments:

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

I love their costumes!!! I need to update the family blog before people think we have run away from home...LOL!!! Almost...but, not yet. Give everyone and big hug and kiss for me;-). Cute...cute...cute!!!! Many blessings...Trisha

Mamapierce said...

I noticed that you follow my blog and so I thought I would check out yours. Where did you adopt your two children from? What is your story? Where do you live?

Trisha, Duane, and Family said...

Hi Vickie and family...wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!! Leaving to make Vika our daughter this Saturday!!! Much to be thankful for;-). Court on Friday the 4th. Lots of love...Trisha