Here are are a few things that have been happening around our house. Face painting--unfortunately they did not use the kind that is easy to get off--, hair painting/coloring, a fashion show, and a date for mom and dad.
Let me give you some more details on the last activity. One morning I am told by my oldest daughter that my husband and I will be having our own special dinner that night. She asks me to use my cell phone to call my home phone number to make the reservation. See where this is headed? I make the reservation with a smile on my face. Throughout the afternoon various items are carted upstairs to the boy's bedroom ( a folding table, chairs, lamp, table cloth, etc.). I hear furniture moving and lots of commotion going on. I am given a ticket that I'm told to keep and use later that night to check in. The children begin preparing supper- potato soup, sandwiches(or Zarah says --sandMitches) --named after a friend of ours, and dessert. After my husband arrives home, he is told what will be happening for dinner. We are told to go get dressed with the clothes that have been layed out for us. After we dress and pictures are taken, we check into the "restaurant" named , "Somethin' Good and Alot of It". Too funny. We are taken to our table in the bedroom. There we are treated to a lovely candle-lit dinner with Christmas music playing. The food was great and such a treat. The waiters....and several different ones popped in and out periodically..talked to each other via walkie talkie watches. hahaha What a great idea they had! I'm thinking we will have to visit this "restaurant" again.
Hope you all are having a good week,
Vickie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is so incredibly sweet! What thoughtful children you have.
That was so awesome of your children !! I sure hope you enjoyed the service.
You have a such a beautiful family! Following you from Arrow Collectors.
Hi Vickie...His mother lives in Pittsburg, Kansas which is about two hours drive from KC. Branson goes the other direction into Missouri. However, we are getting a hotel with an indoor pool. during the day the kids and I will swim and just mess around. In the evenings we will all visit and go out to eat at Chicken Annie's (Duane cousin owns it and his sister is the manager). So, if you interested...call me. 575-389-3131. Blessing...Trish
Post a Comment