Sunday, May 29, 2011

April/May

Well, I'll have to pull out the calendar to see what's been going on these last 2 months.

Birthday time. Daniella, Matt, Baylie, and Charlie have had their birthday.

We visited CocoKeys indoor water park and all had a blast. Daniella went down her first water slide and loved it. That's amazing in itself because usually everything new scares her to death. Charlie and Truman went down the slides for the first time too. Wish I would have remembered my camera.

B, J, and Z went to work with Matt for "Take your child to work day." Truman had to sit out this year, he didn't do so well last year........as in hitting a recruit in the head with a night stick.....not a proud parent moment. Now, mind you, many of the children were messing around/wrestling/competing with the recruits, but T. had his own idea. Well, hopefully T. can go next year. I think our point was made by keeping him out this year.

Now, this year. Matt's(my husband) boss decided to show off his skills. He competed with Zarah at hand stands and flips....the boss landed flat on his back on one of his flips. hehehe The boss allowed all the kids to "punch me in the stomach as hard as you can". Baylie and Zarah took it easy on him, but Jack thought this was an open invitation. Well, after Jack's punch (remember he was in boxing for awhile) the boss kind of doubled over a little bit and got one of those "that really hurt" looks on his face, but tried not show it. He laughed it off. Matt, of course, felt compelled to say "now Jack, not so hard" , while in his head was saying "yeah, good job!"
The girls got to ride on the police horses. Of course, Zarah loved that. She has decided Matt needs to join the mounted patrol division before he retires. :) I think most of her reasoning is so she can go ride the horse.

Daniella, at her neurodevelopmental evaluation this time, went up 7 months in her reading comprehension part. Yeah!

After the big tornado wiped out 75% of Joplin, Mo. We got our turn the next week. Our tornado was smaller and didn't touch down by us, but 2 of them came over our area. We
were a little more concerned about it then usual; since the week before was when Joplin got hit.

Matt got a new to us suburban in Denver. We really like it, but a week after buying it the transmission went out. Uugghh!! That same week our "german shepherd puppy" jumped on the sliding door and knocked it in the house right onto Truman's bike that was upside down with the front wheel off (since we were changing his tire tube). You know how that turned out. Yes, a bazillion pieces of broken glass. That took about an hour to clean up. When it rains it pours.

I think that's about it for the last 2 months.
talk to you later,
Vickie

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

So good to read about your sweet little family! I'm sorry about the glass door - yikes! Good job on Matt - I didn't know that he did some boxing. What type of job does your husband have? You mentioned recruits, so I didn't know if that meant athletics or military.

Zactly said...

Matt is an instructor at the police academy. Nice to visit with you again Jill. I love to read your blogs.