Tuesday, July 22, 2008

summer time

Hi,
This last weekend was full of excitement. 4 of us caught the flu. In the summer!!--who ever heard of that. We typically only get the flu in the winter. Go figure. I am always thankful the flu only lasts about 24 hrs. I'm also grateful that all the younger, non-making it to the bathroom children in time before making a big mess, children didn't get it.

As usual, I finished recording the children's school hours, and gathering their sample work pages for the 2007-2008 school year today. It seems like it always takes July 1st (the new school year) to prompt me to finish last years. I had it all recorded; just not put into my computer program and printed off. Well, I'm glad that's done. Most of the curriculum for this year is ordered with a few exceptions. Zarah still needs a few readers and decisions have to be made about Danijela's program. We are really interested in a few neurodevelopmental programs in our area. The only draw back is the cost. They seem to produce real good results, but now it is about coming up with the money. I'm sure if it is the Lord's will, all will work out.

We still haven't heard back from the job Matt applied to at the beginning of the month. Hopefully, we will hear soon; and it will be positive. We thought we would have a new job and be moved this winter, but that wasn't the case. We just need to continue to be patient and watch God's plan unfold. This afternoon did make me long to be out of the city a bit though. Call me crazy, but I'm not real fond of having to pull the children inside from playing in the back yard due to the police helicopter and police officers searching our area for the fleeing bank robber suspect today. Our area is not real bad,but crime does happen sometimes, unfortunately. Such is life.

Danijela(Daniella) has an eye appointment and an occupational therapy session this week. I am curious to see what the opthamologist has to say. It may just be a developmental neurological thing, but her eyes wander a bit.

Dejan (Dan) must be the mosquito magnet. I sprayed him with the bug repellant before they went outside yesterday, but then the children decided to play in the sprinkler. I guess his repellent washed off. Uugghh. Now he has nice bites that he won't stop itching. Of course, a couple have to be big, red, and right on his face. That's always nice. Oh well, they should be gone in a few days; and all will be well again.

I finished the adoption scrapbook last week. It turned out real nice, except I need to get some more photos of our arrival back to the airport/home. The rest is real nice. It has only been 4 1/2 months, but it seems like quite awhile ago now. I love to read the blogs of other families traveling to get their children.

I guess that better be it for this time.
talk to you soon,
blessings,
Vickie

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Vickie,
Thank you for the comment on my blog. I read some of your emails from Serbia that you shared with Shawnie, so I was watching your adoption as well from a distance. I was praying for you during the political issues in Serbia when you were traveling as well. I hope your kids have both settled in well. It is nice to have this connection with you...
~Julie Outman