We've been having vehicle issues lately. One or both have stopped running over the last few weeks. Not a good thing. The week the van stopped; Matt was working long hours. So............. my oldest son and I decided to step up and fix the van. Thankfully when the van broke down at the grocery store, the man who stopped to help us was a mechanic. He told us what needed to be fixed. So I got the part and went online to see how to fix it. Oh ,how I love the internet. It is so full of info. Well, with the help of our trusty neighbor, we got the part replaced. Problem is the van wouldn't start. So the next morning, Matt went out and switched a wire and she fired right up. Thank the Lord! So glad that problem is taken care of. Call me crazy, but I don't really like to be stuck with the children away from home or stuck at home without a car.
Our new home furnace is almost in. The old one is out and the new one is in, but the wiring is not all hooked up yet. Our oldest boy decided he could hook up the thermostat; and amazingly, I think he did. God has given him some talent in fixing things, and he likes to do that. I am most thankful for everything he fixes around here. Don't get me wrong, he does his fair share of breaking or messing things up around here too, but I am so glad for what he does fix. Thermostats, tread mills, loose screws, etc...
We have several birthdays coming up this and next month. Truman starts the list off. He turns "5" on Monday. It doesn't seem like he should be that old yet. He is our boy who makes us laugh a lot. He comes up with a lot of funny things to say. We celebrated his birthday tonight; because Matt works late on Monday. Since our family has grown , we don't really do birthday partys much any more. Instead we let the birthday child pick their supper meal and dessert for their special day. Truman wanted a green cake with spider man webs on it. He likes spiderman. I think daddy and Baylie did a good job making/decorating the cake. 
Truman's statement for the night was, "now, nobody better try to spank me on the butt tacks tonight; I'm not having that kind of birthday party". He has heard us call it the buttocks before, so I guess that is his version of the word. Too funny...
Well, that's about all I can think of for now. Have a great day.
Vickie

1 comment:
Truman's "butt tacks" phrase was so funny! ha ha!
Post a Comment