Sunday, April 4, 2010

April Birthday

Today Daniella turned "9" years old. She really enjoyed her special day this year. She has been talking about it for a few days now, and she knew she was turning 9. Wow, she really seems to understand the whole birthday thing this year. She was telling people at church this morning that it was her birthday. Cupcakes were the chosen dessert. Her sisters tried to talk her into brownies, but she would have no part of that. It is so neat to see her have an opinion and not waver from that. Yeah, she's getting there.




I'm so proud of her for all of her hard work. Such a neat little girl. At times I catch myself wanting her to hurry up and get caught up, but I have to take a step back and see how far she has come in just 2 years of being home. She is doing a great job. We are so glad God brought her and Dan into our lives. She came up to me before bed tonight and said, "I had fun at my birthday party today. Thanks Mom." Of course, that brought tears to my eyes. She's so thankful for every little thing. You can see why God loves the little children.


3 comments:

And patiently waiting... said...

Happy Birthday Daniella!! What a blessing you are! Keep smiling that beautiful smile! Thanks for sharing Vickie! :)

Mamapierce said...

What a sweet girl Daniella is! Happy Birthday! :)

Stephanie said...

Vickie, I haven't read in here for awhile. So happy to see the birthday posts and progress that has been made. The gymnastics of Zarah was wonderful to watch! Thanks for sharing all this and promise to visit here more often. Great news all around it sounds like.