Saturday, May 22, 2010

May post

Yes, I know I need to post but have been having a hard time deciding what to write about. May has thus far been focused a lot on adoption related things.

All of us U.S. adoptive families had the privilege of trying to help out our wonderful Serbian doctor/adoption facilitator. She has done and continues to do so much for the orphans of Serbia. It was nice to have the opportinity to show our support for her and Serbia's adoption program in general. Many children would not get a chance to find their forever families without Dr. J's advocating for them. I am so thankful for people world wide who help the children.

On a much more emotional front, one of the little girls who got adopted from Serbia last fall passed away this week. Little Chrissie (almost 5 yrs. old) fought a hard 31 day battle following her very complicated heart surgery. There seems to be a sort of bond between those of who have had the pleasure of bringing one or more of these Serbian angels into our families. Chrissie's death really has been difficult for the rest of us. I guess it once again brings to the fore front that we ultimately are not in charge, and that none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. I think each of us realized just how fortunate we are that God has allowed us this time to be parents and how special each of our children are to us.

What else? School is out here for the summer. All are glad about that. Daniella has her next neurodevelopmental evaluation coming up this next week. We attended our annual bigger family retreat weekend. There were about 19 families this year. It was a great time. I am so thankful Matt (my husband) was able to get off work and go with us. Nice treat.

Can't think of much else going on here. Other than children getting in trouble off and on for tearing something up, clogging the toilet AGAIN!!!, or not behaving nicely. Mom feeling the pressure of "we must get all the children's character in tip top shape before the new baby arrives this fall" and daily forgetting whatever it is she needs to remember for that day. Dad just wishing the noise level in our home could be dialed down several notches and still trying to convince Charlie (2 y/o) that he needs to snuggle( i.e. push you to the very edge of the bed with his little self right up against you) in the wee hours of the morning with mama instead of daddy. It is amazing how many little male bodies can fit themselves into one parental bed in a night time. Unlike the knocked out little people, the adults do not always sleep well all smashed up against tiny children. I could go on but......anyway, wouldn't change any of it for the world. These are great times and we are thankful that the Lord has richly blessed us.
until next time,
have a good one,
Vickie

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I will pray for Chrissie's family. I am so sorry for their loss. (((HUGS)))

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the update. We can relate to the noise level for sure. Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.

Stephanie