Well, I'm about to miss my post for June. The month is nearly over. Lots of firsts for this month.
1. Our oldest child went to church camp by herself this year, and loved it. We all missed her, and were glad to be reunited. Baylie comforted me with these words, " I didn't miss you nearly as much as I thought I was going to mom." Uugghh!
2. A few weeks later we sent our 2nd born off to boxing camp. He had a good time, but was faced with many difficult and mean situations from some of the other boys actions and conversations. Seems as though Jack stood up for what he believes in and tried to do the right thing each time. We are very proud of him for that. I think most of the trouble at camp could have been easily remedied if there was more coach/adult supervision and following through with consequences. Jack only suffered one injury though, thankfully---fish hook in the leg. We're glad he's home. Glad he got the opportunity to go, but he probably will not be going back next year.
3. Truman continues to keep us on our toes and laughing with his new antics. This month it involved him running through the parking lot of Jack's boxing center without anything on his bottom half . Yikes!! Not a proud parent moment, but quite humorous non the less. Of course, we did not let him know we thought it was funny. He only got scolded and told to stay in the van until mom got through sewing the large rip in his shorts.
4.Now, for the exciting part. We have 2 family members that are now talking. Charlie is quite dramatic with his statements and a bit bossy at times. Dan has the cutest, deep, raspy voice. It is great! We have been waiting for this moment with Dan and now it has arrived.
When we were in Serbia,there were a few things that really stood out to me. Many of the men and women were very tall (well over 6 feet). The other thing was how many of the men had extremely deep voices and very large hands. Kind of the hands we used to see with some of our old time farmers. Since then, I have said that if I could choose; I wanted Dan to be really tall with the big hands and deep voice. This may just come true. Of course, we will love him however he turns out. He has grown again this summer. He is probably a good 3 inches or so taller than Truman now. He has always had these bigger chunky hands, and now he is talking with this deep little man voice. Yeah!! It is so neat to watch them grow and change.
I guess that's it for June. Hope you all are having a great summer.
Vickie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like tall men with big hands, too! What a fun thing to notice in Serbia. The men in Ukraine weren't that tall, really, and I don't recall the size of their hands...:D
Post a Comment