Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finally back online

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in posting. I have been unable to type on my computer for a month now. I didn't realize how dependent I was on the computer. Well, I'm glad to be back. My withdrawal symptoms were very painful. :)
Christmas was a big hit with D & D. We had a total of 7 of them. Yes, I know--overkill. Each grandma and great grandma want their own, so our Christmas events are spread out from Oct.-Jan. with most of them being the last week of Dec.
With the first one, Daniella was very excited. She spent most of the day going around saying "Christmas, Merry Christmas". I asked her what Christmas was, and she very excitedly stated, "I don't know, Merry Christmas." After we went to the first Christmas with gifts and food. (2 of her favorite things in the world); she knew why the rest of the children were excited. It was a great 1st Christmas home for D & D. I just loved watching their excitement and thankfulness for everything. What sweeties!!
New Years was not real eventful. Matt and 4 of the children made it to midnight and drank some sparkling grape juice. Mama snuck off to bed at around 10:30p.m. (hehehe) I knew if I said I was going to bed, there would be loud protesting; so I just disappeared until morning came. Now, I decided that since I haven't gotten to get a full nights sleep for the last 8 months (hence Charlie--8 mths. old)it was o.k. to miss out on the midnight action. Next year will be different. We usually like to go to Oklahoma or Alabama for our church's New Year's gospel meeting. We all come together at about 11:30 p.m. and sing in the new year . All the voices singing hymns together, is just beautiful. The children's favorite part is staying in a hotel and swimming in the indoor pool.
We are all glad 2009 is here. The day after Christmas was quite difficult. We put plans into action in 2007 to move to the family farm, but Matt was unable to find a new job in 2008. We were able to keep up with the 2 house payments for a yr, but we do not see any end in site with the economy problems. We were just not able to "have it all", so we chose to just stay where we are for now. Maybe the Lord will say yes to moving to the country later. There were a lot of tears as we packed up our belongings and tried to cram them back into our original home. It was great to have a vacation home, as such, for a year. We are thankful for that. God knows what is best for us, we just have to be faithful and let Him lead us.
guess I better go for now,
blessings,
Vickie

No comments: