Tuesday, January 13, 2009

gotta have faith

Seems like I have been preoccupied since Jan. 1 with a lot of concerns for the future.
-- It started with concerns for our country with new leadership taking over. (religious freedoms, children's protection act--jail time for spanking, not fully vaccinating children, basically not raising the children as the govt. thinks is best, abortion issues, same sex relationship issues, etc.).
--Then I got all out of sorts because of the stopped adoptions from Serbia to the U.S.--thankfully that one has been resolved. I don't know what the new requirements will be, but hopefully it will all be o.k.
--Then the natural gas supply being cut off to Serbia weighed on me. That seems to be alright for now with other European countries donating some gas. I'm hoping that is all resolved soon.
--Then there is the law that goes into effect Feb. 10th--no more selling used children's clothing or books for children 12 and under after that. For some that will not be a big deal, but for the rest of us who depend on used clothing and used books ; it is very disturbing.
I know I just need to pray more,have faith, and snap out it. I am trying to concentrate more on more positive things , but just needed to write a short entry to get it off my chest.
I'm sure some of the issues I mentioned will be controversial, so I will now prepare myself for the flames coming my way in comments. Have a great day.
Vickie

No comments: